Last revision of this policy: November 2021
The following terms: “Global ID”, “we”, “us”, “our” or the “Company” refer to Global ID SA, the controller and companies owned by Global ID Group.
Global ID attaches great importance to the protection and respect of your privacy.
When you use one of our products or services, or visit our websites, we may collect your personal data. This document describes when and why we collect it, how we use it, who we share it with, how we process it and the steps we take to keep it secure. Please read this policy carefully to know your rights and the means at your disposal to exercise them.
1. Who are we?
The main objective of Global ID is to bring to market a new innovative technology to reliably authenticate people using biometric multi-views of finger veins. This new patented technology solves the main drawbacks of many current biometric technologies, namely lack of consent and privacy, reliability, robustness and scalability. With Global ID technology, consumers and citizens no longer need to disclose irrelevant personal data to authenticate. A single finger will do, and only with their consent.
Data controller Global ID SA
EPFL Innovation Park
2. What personal data do we collect?
2.1. The data we collect from you
We collect information about you when you contact us or send us a job application. These data are for example:
- Your surname, first name, address and e-mail address
We need this personal information to provide you with the requested service. These data are not kept longer than the purpose for which they were collected. This information is processed locally in Switzerland within our infrastructure and office boundaries.
2.2 Data we collect from other sources
Global ID does not collect information from sources other than you. We may work with a company that requires our technology to authenticate users and we may temporarily have access to their users’ personal data when setting up the system on behalf of that company. However, we will not collect, disclose or share personal information.
3. What data do we process about your devices?
When you visit our website globalid.swiss using your mobile devices or from a computer, we collect and store browsing information (cookies) on the internal storage of these devices. We then reuse this data to improve the user experience of the website or to perform visitor statistics. The different data we collect may be, for example:
- Device IP address and location data;
- Type of device;
- Any link used to access our website;
- Possible device settings such as language, locale, date and time, to tailor our services.
You can choose whether or not to store this information by accepting cookies or not.
3.1 The different types of cookies we use
Cookies are small amounts of information stored in files by your device’s browser itself. Cookies are accessed and stored by the websites you visit and by the companies that display their advertisements on the websites, so that they can recognize the browser. Websites can only access cookies that they have stored on your computer.
- Use of the Site: to help us recognize your browser as that of a previous visitor and to save the preferences you determined during your previous visit to the Site. For example, we may save your login information so that you do not have to log in each time you visit the Site;
- Social networks: to check if you are connected to third-party services (Facebook, Twitter, Google+…);
- Targeting: to allow us to target (basic enrichment) later or in real time the Internet user who browses our Site;
Audience measurement: to track statistical data on the use of the Site (i.e. the use of the Site by users and to improve the services of the Site) and to help us measure and study the effectiveness of our online interactive content, features, advertisements and other communications.
3.2 Your choices regarding cookies and web beacons
You have the option of configuring your browser to accept all cookies, refuse all cookies, notify you when a cookie is issued, its validity period and its content, and allow you to refuse to save it on your device, and delete your cookies periodically.
You can configure your Internet browser to disable cookies. Please note, however, that if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be saved for use on any website. For more information on how to delete and control cookies stored on your computer, visit https://www.aboutcookies.org/
You can configure and adjust them according to your preferences.
4. How do we process your information?
While involved in testing our product or configuring the system, we may collect information in order to:
- to provide our services;
- to improve our services;
- develop new services and/or products;
- collect information for scientific research;
- provide evidence to support scientific initiatives;
- for the publication of articles or similar communications, including scientific and marketing articles;
- for statistics, performance analysis.
Your personal data can only be used with your express consent, which must be collected beforehand.
Insofar as we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal of your consent.
If you are not able to legally establish contractual links with Global ID SA or another company of the Global ID group or to give your consent to the possible processing of your personal data, the personal data will only be processed if this is necessary to protect your life interests or at the request of the authorities.
Personal data collected by Global ID SA and other companies in the Global ID group will only be kept for as long as necessary until we have fulfilled the purposes for which it was collected. In order to keep them no longer than necessary, we periodically review and delete our files in accordance with these purposes.
5. Who has access to your information?
Global ID Employees and Consultants: to improve our services, user experience, security and the proper performance of the contract between you and Global ID.
Third party service providers working for us: we are permitted to share your personal information with our third party service providers, agents and contractors and other associated organizations for the purpose of performing tasks and providing services on our behalf. However, when we use third-party service providers, we only disclose the personal information necessary to provide the relevant services and we enter into a written agreement (including in electronic form) in accordance with Swiss and European legislation requiring them to ensure the security of your information. and not to use it for their own purposes, except with your express consent.
6. How do we secure your information?
6.1 The security of your data at Global ID
When you provide us with personal information about yourself, we take steps to ensure its security. All information you send to us is encrypted using TLS and a 256-bit security key.
Despite all the measures taken to guarantee the security of your information, we draw your attention to the fact that zero risk does not exist. We do our best to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee 100% flawless security. Security is effective when all parties follow best practices. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login information and any other access data to our services.
7. Transfer of your information outside of Europe
We do not transfer any data outside of Europe to a third party. When you contact us or apply for a position with our company, the personal data you share with us is stored on our servers which are hosted on a cloud provider located in Europe. The cloud provider does not have access to our infrastructure and cannot access your data.
8. What are your rights regarding your personal data?
8.1 Your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation grants you rights over your personal or biometric data. Your rights are applicable subject to local data protection laws. Depending on applicable laws and, more particularly, if you are located in the European Economic Area, these rights may include:
- The right of access: access to your Personal Data that we hold;
- The right of rectification: The rectification of inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of the processing of Personal Data, to ensure that it is complete;
- The right to erasure (the right to be forgotten): the erasure/deletion of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws;
- The right to restrict processing: the restriction of our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restrict processing);
- The transfer of your Personal Data to another controller, if possible;
- The right to object: to object to any processing of your Personal Data or data linked to your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests. When we process your Personal Data for commercial prospecting purposes or share it with third parties for their own commercial prospecting purposes, you have the right to object to this processing at any time without having to invoke any particular reason;
- Automated decision: The right for the data subject not to be the subject of a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, producing legal effects. No automated decisions are currently implemented on our websites, services or products; and
- The right to withdraw your consent: insofar as we base the collection, processing and sharing of your personal data on your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, without compromising the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given before the Withdrawal. Global ID will act on withdrawals of consent as soon as possible and will not penalize individuals who wish to withdraw their consent. However, withdrawal of your consent may result in Global ID or the relevant subsidiary of the Global ID Group not being able to provide its services to you.
8.2 How to exercise your rights?
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information in the “Contact Us” section below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you to fulfill your request. However, the delay can be longer than a month, if we have a strong demand. In such a case, you will be informed within one month of receipt of your request. If your request relates to one of our third-party product providers, we recommend that you submit your request directly to that provider.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority of the country where you reside if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the data protection regulations.
8.3 How can you change your data and how we process it?
Pour plus d’informations, veuillez nous contacter en utilisant les informations de la section “Contactez-nous” ci-dessous.
10. Contact us